Monday, June 18, 2007

Carbondale

Superquick blogpost from the back of a bike store in Carbondale, IL. We are staying here in a hotel tonight because Jacob is buying a bike from a store here. His finally gave up and one of the rear stays cracked clear through. Mammoth Caves was cool, and I'm glad to be out of Kentucky and into a new state. We should be crossing the Mississippi and into Missouri tomorrow. The land is much flatter here, but we will be having to go through the Ozarks soon (hopefully they aren't too hard; I doubt they could be after the Appalachains.) Thanks for all the encouragement and posts, I love reading them. If I had longer I would write a more extensive post. Unfortunately, the library here feels they are justified in charging 5 dollars for an hour of internet access and I don't feel like imposing on the bike store. Take care and keep reading!

5 comments:

Mom said...

Hey Rob..glad to hear from you ..you need to check with your dad if he gets hotel points anywhere/discounts..Our friend Charlie Bell from the beach works for Marriott Courtyard !!
Just putting finishing touches on shoving Troy off across the Atlantic.

bengle said...

Rob, your Mom gave us the address and we finally got around to catching up on your trip. What a great way to really, really experience America in a manner that you will talk about the rest of your life. It appears that you got past 'the wall' without too much difficulty, and I enjoy your writings about your emotions as you move forward through the days. I'll bet your Dad is jealous that he couldn't have taken off work for 3 months and followed along.

Good Luck...the Engles

Katecuster said...

oh haaaay Robbie! I am glad you got a chance to post...checking this has become a highlight of my day! 5 dollars for an hour of internet is a big extreme, so i can see why you opted for using the other computer. i will be looking forward to hearing more from you later on this week :) Love you!

Patty Two Stacks said...

Wallbangers!

-I'm drunk

The Harpham's said...

Rob, sounds like you are approaching the Ozarks. If you pass through Rolla, Missouri stop in and check out the University of Missouri - Rolla. My alma mater....M. Harpham